Casio Pro Trek PRW6600Y-2PRW6600Y-2
The new PRW-6600Y-2 features Triple sensor technology (altimeter, barometer and Compass), Multiband 6 Atomic time keeping and is equipped with Tough Solar charging. This watch is one of the most desirable timepieces in the Pro Trek line. The PRW-6600Y-2 uses Casio's advanced SMART ACCESS system, which provides you with quick, intuitive access to all of the watch's key functions using an electronic crown.
- Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China)
- Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate
- Auto receive function (up to 6 times per day/up to 5 times per day for China)
- Manual receive function
- Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60, China BPC
- Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz, BPC 68.5kHz
- Tough Solar Power
- Smart Access Electronic Crown w/Quick-lock
- Tough Movement
- Auto hand home position correction
- 100M Water Resistant
- Low Temperature Resistant (-10 C / 14 F)
- Measuring range: -700 to 10,000 m (-2,300 to 32,800 ft)
- Measuring unit: 1 m (5ft)
- Manual memory measurements (up to 30 records, each including altitude, date, time)
- Auto log data (High/low altitudes, cumulative ascent and descent)
- Others: Relative altitude readings (±100 m/±1000 m)
- Digital Compass
- Measures and displays direction as one of 16 points
- Measuring range: 0 to 359 degrees
- Measuring unit: 1 degree
- 60 seconds continuous measurement
- Hand Indication of North
- Bidirectional calibration
- Magnetic declination correction
- Display range: 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg)
- Display unit: 1 hPa (0.05 inHg)
- Atmospheric pressure tendency graph
- Hand indication of atmospheric pressure differential
- Atmospheric pressure change alarm & indicator (arrow indicates significant change in pressure)
- Display range: -10 to 60 C (14 to 140 F)
- Display unit: 0.1 C (0.2 F)
- Hand shift feature (manual or auto (during altitude, barometric pressure, and temperature measurement hands move away from digital display window)
- Full Auto Double LED Light/Backlight with Afterglow
- Neo-Brite Luminous Hands & Markers
- World Time
- 29 time zones (29 cities + UTC), city name display, daylight saving on/off, One-touch UTC Time Zone Access, Home city/World time city swapping
- 5 Daily Alarms
- Hourly Time Signal
- 1/100 Second Stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 24:59'59.9"
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown Timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 60 minutes
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 60 minutes (1-minute increments)
- Full Auto Calendar (Pre-programmed until the year 2099)
- 12/24 Hour Formats
- Button operation tone on/off
- Accuracy: ± 15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
- Storage Battery: Solar Rechargeable Battery
- Battery Level Indicator
- Power Saving Function
- Approx. Battery Life: 6 months on full charge (without further exposure to light)
- Module: 5571
- Size of case/total weight
- PRW6600Y 51-6 x 51.5 x 13.6mm / 78g
Any jewelry enthusiast will agree that their trinkets need maintaining to keep them in tiptop condition. The best jewelry is very expensive and it is thus important to maintain it in mint condition to ensure its longevity. Even the most durable pieces require constant care. Although it is one thing to shop for beautiful jewelry, it is entirely another to be able to provide them with the best care possible. This constant care is why many families are able to boast of having amazing jewelry that they have kept as family heirlooms.
Others, who put off caring for their jewelry, find themselves not so fortunate. At times life’s hectic pace can prevent you from caring for your expensive jewelry collection properly. However, cleaning your jewelry not only saves you money but also guarantees that you look glamorous every time you wear these pieces.
General Jewelry Maintenance Tips
i. Proper storage: Store your jewelry in a clean and dry place to ensure they remain in the best shape. Use a soft cloth lined jewelry box to prevent scratches and dents. If possible, wrap each piece with a soft cloth or tissue. Separate each piece from the other to avoid scratching, breaking and tangling.
ii. How to dress with your jewelry: To avoid jewelry from being tangled in garments, put it on after you have worn your dress. Likewise, jewelry should be the first thing you remove when undressing.
iii. Jewelry in extreme weather: If you have to go out during extreme weather, you can opt to store your jewelry in your purse and wear it you reach a safe place. If you want to partake in extreme sports such as skiing, prevent damage and loss by leaving your jewelry at home or in a safe place.
iv. Inspect your jewelry often: To guarantee your jewelry stays in great shape, take a conscious effort to inspect it regularly and clean off dirt and grime.
v. Go to your jeweler in case of damage: If a part of your piece falls off or breaks, do not try to repair it yourself. Instead, take the piece to your jeweler for professional repairs. Depending on the warranty that came with the jewelry, you could get a replacement.
vi. Wear your jewelry regularly: You might be surprised to learn that the best way to maintain your jewelry is to wear the pieces regularly.
vii. Do not wear your jewelry in a pool/ hot tab: Most metals used in jewelry making are sturdy but when exposed to chemicals, there is a big risk of fading or corrosion.
How Often Should You Clean Your Jewelry?
The question on most jewelry owners mind is – how often should they clean their jewelry? Now, most people buy their glorious jewelry and start wearing the pieces proudly without providing necessary care. It is understandable that in a world where life moves at a dizzying pace, the last thing you have in mind is to take care of your jewelry. However, if you want to look great every time you wear your pieces, you have to make an effort to provide them with special care.
So, how often should you clean your jewelry? That depends on a few factors:
1. The Type of Jewelry
While all jewelry pieces require regular care, some pieces require regular cleaning more frequently than others do. You have to look at the material and style of the piece to determine how regularly you should clean it.
2. Use of the Jewelry Pieces
There are those pieces that you wear daily while others rarely get a chance to come out of your jewelry box. An engagement ring that you wear every other day at work and home will require greater care than a necklace or pendant that you wear only once to the new year party at your office.
3. Exposure of You Jewelry Pieces
There are those pieces that you want the world to see in their full glory. While this is a good thing, it also means that their exposure to dirt and the elements is greater. Your wedding ring, for instance, will suffer through all tasks you do and will have to withstand the elements daily. Without regular cleaning, even the most magnificent ring will start to deteriorate.
4. Jewelry Maker’s Instructions
To determine how regularly you should clean your jewelry, you should look at the product maintenance instructions that you receive as a part of your jewelry purchase. Some jewelers will provide a product care manual with instructions that you can follow to guarantee your jewelry stays in mint condition.
5. Daily/ Weekly/Occasional Cleaning
You can choose to clean your jewelry daily, weekly or give the pieces an occasional thorough cleaning based on how regularly you wear the pieces and the type of material used to make them. To provide the best care for your jewelry, make sure you wear it regularly and follow DIY instructions the jewelry maker provided.
Although cleaning your jewelry regularly is the best way to maintain it in perfect shape, you should avoid using home remedies before you confirm any risks involved. Make sure you use proven DIY jewelry cleaning techniques and talk to your jeweler before you try cleaning your jewelry yourself.